Saturday, April 21, 2007

Floral Fabric Page

This is my Floral fabric page for the April fabric page swap on Fabric in Altered Art. I found the flower pot applique pattern in a magazine and decided to take the easy way out and make button flowers. I have sooooo many buttons that I have to find a use for them. Then my sister found a little pack of buttons that had butterflies and bees and of course I had to have them too. The bottom of the page did not photograph well but the top part sure is bright! Love those bright colors! I need to add a photo of the back. It is simple but has a bobbin work flower with little sparkley french knots on all of the petals.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Safari Fabric Postcard

This is my fabric postcard for the April fabric postcard swap on my Fabric in Altered Art Yahoo group. I had out several Africa/Safari themed fabrics along with a new piece that I had just purchased and just had to use it for something. I love both the theme and the colors on this postcard. I just received an Africa themed fabric book from our latest RR in the mail today. Good thing those fabrics are still out - along with some other fun ones!

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Crazy Quilt Block Round Robin

If you think you would like to join a Crazy Quilt Block Round Robin, please let me know. Our Fabric In Altered Arts Yahoo group is going to start a round robin in May. It looks like we will have about 8 people in each group and mail every three weeks. This would be a really fun way to see several CQ blocks IRL if you are new to crazy quilts. If this round robin is successful we hope to have several more. If you are interested please leave a comment or e-mail me and I will get back to you quickly. Join us! It's going to be fun!!

Sunday, April 1, 2007

Texture Texture Texture

This is the front and back of the page I just finished for Barb's Texture themed book for the new fabric book RR in my Fabric in Altered Arts Yahoo group. The front is somewhat of a crazy quilt but my idea at the time I started was to use several fabrics with different textures and then add 2 or 3 items with different textures to each area. Because of the chunky button on the bottom it did not scan very well and you can't see that each block is a different fabric. The darker one is actually a fabric that I thought was too dark and a sheer piece of fabric was added over it. I wanted some subtle color but not too bright. The metal button on the left hand side is not really that dark. It sure stands out in the scan! The back is just two pieces of fabric cut in strips and woven. I laid them on a piece of fusible stabilizer and after weaving pressed with a hot iron and used a buttonhole stitch around the edges. Another project finished and I am off to work on a travel page with a safari theme.