Sunday, February 10, 2008

Button Cards

These are the button cards that I made for Barb's swap on Fabric in Altered Art. I cut some Peltex to ATC size, fused my fabric to it, and finished the edges with a satin stitch. The buttons are fabric covered buttons. I have seen a few posts about a button maker that costs about $400 but I think I got a much better deal! I have always wanted to cover some buttons but for some reason thought it would be a real pain. It could not have been easier! There is a cheapo kit that you can buy for about $2 at Walmart. It includes 3 buttons and the two plastic "tools". You can also buy the refills which includes just 3 buttons. It is less than $1.50. I will definitely be buying more refills. These were a lot of fun.

2 comments:

jenclair said...

These are so cute! I love them mounted this way. I have one of the little kits and make buttons to match some of my projects...fun and easy. These, however, take on special importance on ATCs.

Anonymous said...

Try Thrift Stores in order to purchase the refills. That is where I have found mine. I have been real lucky to get quite a few at St. Vincent de Paul.