Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

Just taking a minute to say Happy Halloween! This is a Halloween ATC Art Doll that I made for a Treasure Art Trends swap. Happy haunting!

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Scrappy Crows Swap

After seeing the article in CPS "Fancy Scrap Crow Dolls", I knew we had to have a crow doll swap. There is already discussion about it on Fabric in Altered Art. I think the swap there will be the actual dolls. I think we can also use the same concept for Treasure Art Trends but make them flat and attach them to a flat surface like a nicely covered heavy cardstock or even on canvas. Since they will be different dimensions it will be like two totally different swaps for me and I am looking forward to both. But - Treasure Art Trends members may surprise me and want to make the dolls also. If that's the case, I will give myself a few days just for me and create some on canvas for myself. A great Christmas project!

Christmas Inchies

This is not the best scan but when they're chunky they are harder to control on the Unruly Inchies. Actually, they are Fat Inchies. They are 1.5" which makes them easier to sew on and embellish. This is only half of my inchies for Tammy's swap on Fabric in Altered Art. The other half has little gold bells on them, along with some gold Angelina. The bells made it impossible to scan them. It is not Halloween yet, and I have my Christmas Inchies ready to mail. Woo Hoo! I feel like I am ahead of the game but that is not the Still lots of projects to complete for Fabric in Altered Art and Treasure Art Trends.

Halloween Fabric Postcards

These are two of the Halloween fabric postcards that I mailed out last week. I made one for a friend, one for a swap partner on Fabric in Altered Art, and 7 for a postcard exchange that I joined a few months ago. We have to make 20 postcards for that during a 3 month period, so I am splitting mine up into Halloween, Fall, and Christmas instead of all one theme or 20 different designs. I used a variety of Halloween fabrics, cut them crazy patch style, machine stitched on each seam, and added a vintage Halloween image that was matted on another piece of fabric. I forgot to scan the back, but I used a really neat orange fabric with chunky swirls that I found at JoAnn's for the back. I usually try to find a fairly plain and not too dark fabric for the back since I would rather have some color on the back and not the plain muslin. The orange fabric was not really "Halloween" but it was perfect for the job. Now to decide on a design for the Fall Halloween cards. Just a few weeks to work on those! I think it will have to be simple and not too time consuming. Too many projects in the works right now.

Art Quilt Workbook Update

We finally got started on our Art Quilt Workbook (AQW) project last week. Actually, we are getting ready to start week 3 and I am now realizing how far behind I We do have members that are actually working on the exercises thought, and have already posted some great pics of their work. I think this will be a great learning experience for all of us, even those who don't participate but just look at the photos and scans each week. I hope I will soon have a finished exercise to post.