Sunday, October 28, 2007

Halloween Fabric Postcards

These are two of the Halloween fabric postcards that I mailed out last week. I made one for a friend, one for a swap partner on Fabric in Altered Art, and 7 for a postcard exchange that I joined a few months ago. We have to make 20 postcards for that during a 3 month period, so I am splitting mine up into Halloween, Fall, and Christmas instead of all one theme or 20 different designs. I used a variety of Halloween fabrics, cut them crazy patch style, machine stitched on each seam, and added a vintage Halloween image that was matted on another piece of fabric. I forgot to scan the back, but I used a really neat orange fabric with chunky swirls that I found at JoAnn's for the back. I usually try to find a fairly plain and not too dark fabric for the back since I would rather have some color on the back and not the plain muslin. The orange fabric was not really "Halloween" but it was perfect for the job. Now to decide on a design for the Fall Halloween cards. Just a few weeks to work on those! I think it will have to be simple and not too time consuming. Too many projects in the works right now.

No comments: