Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Last Wild West Fabric Book

Goodness, it's been a while. I am just about to get caught up and start having fun again. Taking a little trip always seems like a good idea at the time but catching up is a pain! This is my page for the last book I will work in for the Wild West Fabric Book RR on my FabricInAlteredArt group. Still love working with the western stuff. I saw the coolest altered cowboy boot that is in the current edition of Altered Arts magazine. I might have to give that a try.
Debbie had made denim pages for her book. I printed my image on a piece of muslin that was backed with a lightweight fusible. If you iron your muslin to a piece of wonder under and cut it to a size that will work with your printer you can print directly to the muslin. It takes a few minutes longer than the ink jet ready fabric sheets but it sure is a lot cheaper. It works really well with vintage themes or themes where you might want your image to have more of a worn look. I added a piece of lace, a few buttons and some heavy duty western themed alpha stickers. The back has the word COWGIRL with a suede look cowboy hat and a pocket with a leather looking tag. You can take a regular scrapbook tag or heavy card stock cut in a tag shape, crumple it up, ink it with a Tim Holtz distress pad, dampen it with a wet paper towel and smooth it out to dry. Or iron it dry. Then go over it with the distress ink pad again. It will have a nice leather look to it.

No comments: