Thursday, June 12, 2008

Altered Tea Towel

This is one of the tea towels I did for an altered tea towel swap on Fabric in Altered Art. The other one is similar with lace in place of the rick rack. I had some coffee themed fabric that seemed perfect for the towels. I simply cut strips for each end, pressed the edges under 1/4" and stitched them down. I had a fat quarter that had several images of pots, mugs and machines. I cut 3 for each end of the towel and zigzagged them on. Simple, tho a little time consuming. It was a fun swap and and ready to mail out tomorrow.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Cathy,

I just love the tea towel. I'm very lucky to have received one of these tea towels. The coffee fabric is perfect for the towel. colors look great in my vintage kitchen.

Pam
http://Treasures-n-Textures.blogspot.com