Monday, May 26, 2008

Latest Quilted Purse

This is the purse I made for the quilted purse swap on Fabric in Altered Art.. I received a packet of 7 fat quarters from EQuilter.com, my fav online fabric shop, and wondered what I would do with all of the purple fabric. It was time to start my quilted purse so I decided that I would challenge myself to use those 7 fat quarters. I did add a few other scraps of fabric on top of the main pieces but the outside, lining and straps are all made from the fat quarters. I had received a quilted purse from Debi Minter that gave me the inspiration for my purse. She had used a piece of decorator type fabric and then stitched fabric scraps all over it. I created the pieces for the outside of the bag by sewing two FQs together and then cutting them to create the front and back. The lining is created pretty much the same way except one side of the lining is more of a print, the other is more of a solid. After creating the front and back pieces I cut rectangles, squares and triangles from some of the other FQs that were left along with other purple scraps I had. It was a really fun a creative project! I have everything together to make another one in the near future. I will be posting the directions from start to finish along with a supply list and pictures for anyone that wants to make one of these purses. If you would like to join us just let me know. Please e-mail me at the address in the upper left hand corner of the blog. If you just leave a comment make sure your e-mail address is included in your comment.

No comments: