Friday, May 16, 2008

Goodie Bag Challenge Wall Hangling

My gosh! It's been a while. Time to get this thing rolling again. I have been creating, just not posting. I will try to get back on track. This is a wall hanging I made using the items that were sent to me by Debi for a Goodie Bag Challenge on Fabric in Altered Art. She sent me some wonderful batiks and the great DJ Pettitt fabric image. I had to find a way to make the image work with the batiks since it had the coral color in it and nothing else did. I found a batik that had turquoise and coral so that helped some. I finally remembered the color washes that I had bought a few months ago to try out on fabric. I used a dark red one , red pepper I believe, and it did the trick. It added a touch of the coral color in several spots on the batiks. Some areas took the color wash better than others but it was perfect since I just wanted a little here and there. I laid it all out on a piece of black felt and quilted everything down. All in all I was happy with the final project. I hope Debi enjoys it!

No comments: