Sunday, May 18, 2008

Learn to make a Quilted Purse/Tote

Sometime in the next 2 weeks the members of Fabric in Altered Art is going to begin a new project. We are going to learn to make a quilted purse or tote. I have made a few in the last few months and I could not believe how simple they are to make. And I don't quilt! I can't even free motion quilt. Don't know why but I just can't get it. Thanks to a fellow member of Fabric in Altered Art, I found a very simple and colorful way to quilt a piece of fabric. I am going to write out the directions for a purse or tote that you can make simple changes to. I will add a few illustrations and make it as simple as possible. You will be able to change the shape and size of the bag very easily. You can add pockets or leave them off. Short handles or long. We will use one simple set of instructions and I am guessing we will all end up with totally different bags. I think you will be amazed at how simple it is. You know those totes that seem to have those perfect squared off bottoms and you wonder how that happens. It's soooooo simple. My daughter was really impressed until the turned the bag wrong side out and showed her how to do it.

If you would like to join us contact me at CathyJohnson42000@yahoo.com and I will send you and invite to the group.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'd love to join you making a quilted tote, I'm no quilter either so anything that makes things easy is good for me.