Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Fabric Postcard

Well, I guess the 10th time is the charm! This is a fabric postcard that I made using fabric for the background and a few fun cardstock stickers and really cool brads as embellishments. I stitched around the stickers to add a little more dimension and decoration, punched a few holes and added the brads, and it was ready for the backing and finishing off of the edges. The lady at the post office said it would cost a little extra to mail since they could not run it thru the machine with the brads. She even checked with me the next week to make sure it had been delivered. Which it had, safe and sound. You never know when you mail something a little different. We are doing a "message in a bottle swap on Treasure Art Trends this month. We will actually mail in the bottles. It will be fun to see how many are brave enough to actually mail in the bottle without putting them in a box and how many are received in good shape. Always something fun to do in altered art!

1 comment:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This postcard is stunning. I wish I had your talent.

Elizabeth