Thursday, January 18, 2007

Winter Quiltie

This is a fabric page I did for a swap on Fabric in Altered Art. We have a monthly page swap and our January theme is Winter. You probably guessed that. A few months ago I took a card making class and one of the cards we made paper similar to the snowflake and blue fabric. I decided I would recreate the card on fabric. Since I had a little more room I added an Artchix image. On the card the ribbon was attached with staples. I tried using eyelets instead on the fabric but they just weren't holding. I finally decided to just stitch the ribbon on with a zigzag stitch and actually liked that better than the eyelets. All in all I was rather pleased with how the page came out and will probably make one for myself.

1 comment:

His Office, My Studio said...

I really like your quilt. The background colors with the image are very striking.