Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"RED" fabric page for August

This is my August page for the Fabric In Altered Art monthly fabric page swap. The theme was Red. I have been getting a monthly fat quarter pack from Equliter.com. They are usually color themed and the red package was just what I needed. The color for November is brown and the brown pack arrived right on time! I came across the Heart in Hand pattern a while back and have used it a few times. It is fairly simple to applique and I like the way it turned out. Just had to add some text, which I stamped on some fabric scraps, and it was finished except for the satin stitch around the edge. I have been using fast-2-fuse for my "batting" and I find it much easier to work with. Maybe not so much easier, but the edges are certainly quicker to finish.

No comments: